ISTR Home Page
-like to know more?
ISTR Biosafety Section
Other Sources of Health and Safety Information
Enquiries about ISTR
152 City Road
Biosafety Regional Groups and Meetings|
There are three Regional Biosafety Groups: Northern (including Scotland), Midlands/South West/Wales and Southern. These groups meet locally within their regions, at least twice a year. You do not need to be a member of ISTR to attend meetings but since membership of ISTR is open to those working in universities, public and private research organisations and industry throughout the public and private sectors in high technology and research, it is uniquely placed to represent and cater for the biosafety professional.
For further information about regional groups, please contact your regional representative on the Biosafety Steering Group
All Regional Groups
July 2013, University of York
Working in containment facilities: expectations vs realities
For copyright reasons the presentations from this meeting are only available to ISTR members and Guests who attended.
March 2015, London
Regulation of Specified Animal Pathogens -an update
July 2012, CRUK Cambridge Research Centre
- Dynamic Risk Assessment: Methedology and Tales from the Front line
- Safety in Fieldwork: Managing Biosafety Aspects
- Health and Safety implementation for sample collection
April 2010, University of Edinburgh
November 2009, University of Newcastle
May 2009, University of Glasgow
- CWA 15793: Laboratory Biorisk Management Standard
- An Update: the SRF and the HSL Room Disinfection Project
- National Counter Terrorism Security Office
November 2008, University of Manchester
Statement of Intent
December 2006, AstraZeneca, Cheshire
- SAPO Avoiding the pitfalls
- Hydrogen Peroxide vs Formalin Technology
- Transport of Biological Materials
May 2005, University of Leeds
Gene Therapy Clinical Trials
Gene Therapy at the Hammersmith Hospital, London.
Conducting Gene Therapy Trials at the Hammersmith.
International transportation of Bio hazardous and PharmaceuticalMaterials
- Plant Pathogen controls: licenses for import & export and usage.
- Quarantine Containment
More about ISTR
ISTR Biosafety Section
Biosafety Steering Group
Biosafety Regional Groups
Biosafety Regional Meetings
ISTR Biosafety Accreditation
Level 1 (Foundation)
Level 2 (Professional)